The deadline may have extended to March 31, however, it is still mandatory to link your Aadhaar number with your mobile SIM. All mobile SIMs not linked to Aadhaar will be deactivated. The deadline for the same was earlier February 6, 2018. The same was extended to March 31 late last year. The deadline is as per a directive issued by the Supreme Court of India in February last year.
How to verify your Aadhaar-linked mobile number and email ID online
Here’s the step-by-step guide:
1. To start with, subscribers need to enter the mobile number that they want to verify on the telecom service provider’s website.
2. The telecom provider will now send an OTP (one-time password) on the mobile number shared on the website. The mobile subscriber now needs to submit the same on the telecom service provider’s website.
3. This will be followed by a ‘consent message’, which will then appear on the service provider’s website. The subscriber now needs to properly check the ‘consent box’ and enter his/her Aadhaar number there.
4. The telecom company will now send an OTP request to UIDAI.
5. The mobile subscriber will now receive an OTP on the mobile number linked (shared) with that Aadhaar number.
6. UIDAI will also send the mobile subscriber a ‘consent message’ about his e-KYC details. He/she then needs to share the OTP after accepting the due terms and conditions.
7. Once accepted, the authentication and confirmation will then be sent to the mobile subscriber saying that the number has been re-verified with the related Aadhaar number.
The second method is via voice-based IVR helpline of telecom service providers
1. Here the mobile subscribers will be greeted by telco’s IVR, which will play the ‘consent message’. The message will ask subscribers to share their mobile number.
2. This will be followed by an OTP request to UIDAI to verify the Aadhaar number linked to that account.
3. Like above, the OTP message will appear on the number linked to that respective Aadhaar card. This will agian be followed by a ‘consent message’ played on IVR.
4. The subscriber needs to share the OTP. Once verified, the UIDAI will fetch the subscriber’s e-KYC details.
5. If the e-KYC details fetched match, ‘mobile re-verification successfully completed’ message will appear on IVR. This will be followed by an SMS notification as well on the subscriber’s mobile number.